Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thank you for a great year!

Wow!  I can't believe that the ECFE year is over!  (well except for the end-of-year picnic on MAY 1!)
We have reviewed all of the evaluations that we recieved and will do our best to accomodate any concerns that were expressed.  The blog will continue to go as per everyone's request.  I understand that there have been some difficulties with navigating the blog and that will be taken care of with an "introduction to the Blog" class right away in the fall.  I have also put a brief intro into using the blog into everyone's hanging files.  I hope that you all find it helpful!  If there is something specific that you want to know about or how to find on the blog, let me know!  I will summarize the findings of the evaluations ( I apologize in advance if I miss something, that doesn't mean we didn't talk about it or read it, it just means that I have a horrible memory!)


Blog - calendars are wanted on the blog - I will post a picture of the calendar each month with the entire year being available in one post.  I really can't update it any more than I already do but, if there is something that you want to see on the blog...let me know and I can certainly try and add it! Any other concerns will be addressed in our intro to the blog class.


Parent-Talk time - some wanted topics to be shorter, other's wanted the topics to be longer, some wanted workbooks/sheets, others didn't want the hand-outs.  We will do our best to accommodate the diverse needs!  If you have a specific topic that you want addressed please let us know!  Ramona will make a monthly calendar of topics.  I will post the topics on the blog when I get them. 
Some felt they were shorted on parent talk time, some wanted less - what has happened in the past is when families come late, we try to accommodate them and give them extra time to play/do activities thus throwing off our entire schedule.  The way we are going to work it is:  Class starts at either 5:30 pm or 9:00am.  regardless of when families arrive, we will begin clean-up/circle time after 45 minutes of parent/child time.  That will be followed by a 10-15 minute circle time (I will address this in a moment) followed by snack/parent time.  As soon as you feel your child is set, you are free to go back to talk time.  There may be a few exceptions to that rule but, we will do our best to stay on schedule. 


Circle Time - Some wanted more songs, different songs, more books, less books, more activities - I usually do what the kids seem to be ready for.  There have been times when the kids would have sat there for 30 minutes playing games and reading stories.  Other times, they are just too squirrely (as kids will be) my job is to judge how far to push it.  With your help, we should be able to add more to circle time next year. ( I will post our new hand-out that explains this further).


Activities - See posted hand-out


OH, tooty-ta - no, we will not be doing tooty ta next year (at least not every week).  Please refer to the blog post titled "Sing it again Sam, and again and again" to learn why I do what I do with the songs :)


I'm sure that I have forgotten something...if I have, feel free to email me!  :)  I can't wait for what next year will bring and I look forward to seeing you all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment