Thursday, September 27, 2012

Almost October!

I can't believe that next week is the beginning of October!  Adventure Preschool has had a wonderful first month of school!  I am amazed at how quickly my 3-year-olds caught on to our routine!  Everyday of teaching is amazing but in these few short weeks I have seen so much growth in all of the kids!  Our MRC (Minnesota Reading Corps) volunteer, Mrs. Sarah Alberts has begun the IGDI's (Individual Growth and Development Indicators) this week.  The 3's are only assessed on picture naming, rhyming and alliteration (matching beginning sounds).  Mrs. Alberts comes into our room Tuesdays and Thursdays to help with our Focus Groups.  The Monday/Wednesday group will be assessed by Mrs. Lipinski (the Discovery Preschool teacher). 

Each child will be bringing home a page to our Class Color Book!  Please assist your child in going through magazines or catalogues to find pictures that match their color.  They may also draw on their page using the same color.  I do ask that they do not use any other color on their page.  When all of the pages come back, I will assemble them into a class book that the students may read in our class library! 

I have found that I am working with a very artistic group!  Both groups love it when we take out the paints, crayons or markers and especially when we take out the paper punches!  Watch for masterpieces that come home in their folders!  Some of their art work I am hanging up in our room!  I will post some pictures of the class artwork next week!  I encourage the kids to create using any materials I have available.  There is no right or wrong way to do art!  It is all free expression!!  They are truly creating works of art worthy of framing!

Since our lockers are not in our classroom, checking backpacks is sometimes missed.  I am working with the kids on bringing anything that is in their backpacks into the room.  We have a spot for library books, folders and book bags.  Please encourage your child to bring their items into the classroom in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment