Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dental Health Week

Dental Health
February 2012
Description

Activity 1

Tooth Lacing Card – have a tooth traced on card stock, cut, punch and lace.
Children should do cutting and punching.

Activity 2

Good for teeth/bad for teeth
Children color the good foods and cut them out.  Glue them onto a tooth


Activity 3

BIG chompers – big teeth for kids to look at, count and brush.  Children should practice on the big teeth with parent help

Circle Time

1. Welcome Song – Jambo
2. Have kids pull out a toothbrush and say what color it is.
3. Got My Toothpaste song

Snack
Parent Supplies

Science/Math Time

Teeth – Count your teeth and then fill in tooth page. 

Younger – practice brushing with toothbrushes and plastic eggs in tub.

 Each child will receive a special Dental Kit next week during Dental Health week.  Tuesday class:  You will be missing dental health week but, your child will get their Dental Kit the following week. 

(Sung to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star)
Got my toothpaste, got my brush,
I won't hurry, I won't rush.
Making sure my teeth are clean,
Front and back and in between
When I brush for quite a while,
I will have a happy smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment